- Cleaner and greener – reduces your carbon emissions by almost 90% compared to existing heating oil
- Simple conversion process that can be conveniently done when
your boiler is serviced or upgraded
- Usual cost of conversion around £500 (exact cost depends on system)
- Made from fossil-free, certified sustainable waste materials
- You won’t notice the difference – runs just as efficiently as heating oil in your existing system and it’s odourless too
Find out more visit www.futurereadyfuel.info
In a large number of areas, HVO is actually superior to other forms of fuel – be it fossil-fuel or biofuels. The table below compares the different characteristics of HVO fuel, FAME, and regular diesel. The advantages of HVO fuel speak for themselves.
|Distillation Level, C||200 – 350||340 – 355||200 – 320|
|Cetane Level||51||50 – 65||70 – 90|
|Stability from Oxidation||Average||Below Average – Poor||Excellent|
Heltor is a trusted, family-run fuel suppler with 60 years’ experience serving domestic, agricultural, commercial and haulage markets across The south West.
Heltor HVO is synthetically made through the hydrotreatment process from vegetable oils, grease waste or residue from food industry and agriculture. These 100% renewable raw materials can be regrown when stock is needed, making it a sustainable fuel.
Yes. HVO is a 100% drop-in fuel and with any EN590 & ASTM D97 5 red diesel compatible engines, such as generators.
Yes, HVO is a direct substitute to diesel and red diesel. Although we recommend manufactures guidelines are followed.
Up to ten years with good tank maintenance.
Our supply of HVO meets the regulations of the ICSS and has been sourced from 100% sustainable raw materials and waste.
Our HVO is composed entirely of linear and branched paraffins with no aromaticity, no saturation, and no Sulphur compounds, making it odourless and biodegradable.
Yes no changes are required to existing tanks. HVO can be mixed with regular diesel.